May 29, 2009

Lilly is five years old today.

Some thoughts. And pictures.
She was born with super speed on a Saturday morning. A rainy Memorial Day weekend. 9 days overdue, & plenty welcome. Those words "It's a.... GIRL!" were one of my life's biggest surprises.
What she wanted for her fifth birthday: A baby duckling, in a box, wrapped in paper. (Pictures soon to follow.)
She told me yesterday, "I love Beau all the way up to the North Pole!"
She is often silly.
And sometimes shy.
She swings from the trees & adores flowers.
She rides bike on two wheels with wild grace.
Her creativity & coloring skills amaze me.




She got this small scar on her forehead as a four year old, jumping on beds with her brother & cousin.







When asked what she wants to be when she grows up, I get a different type of answer than her brothers have ever given. "I don't want to grow up, I just want to be a kid," she says.
We're perfectly happy with the idea.
Hapy birthday, Lilly girl.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet Lilly-put

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. What to do when a kid doesn't want to grow up. Savor every minute I guess. :-) Elianna says she's going to live in a house right next to mine when she grows up. I so dearly hope that comes true. :-)

    ReplyDelete