December 10, 2009

Tis the Season (once again)

Burr! I've been stoking the fire, keeping it fed round the clock.
Yesterday I wore the big warm stocking cap my sister made for me, all day long.
Today I busted out my slippers and felted wool inserts (which the same sister happened to make.)
And finally, I'm feeling the holidays.
So I tackled a 2009 holiday letter, and even managed to squeeze it into one page again. (No small feat, with as many of us as there are to update on, and as much as I often have to say!)
Then I decided this past Sunday to get everyone ready for the annual holiday family photo. The "notorious" annual holiday family photo.
It was a no-go, for a combination of reasons. Aside from all of them, somewhere during the getting-everyone-washed-and-dressed-cycle, Beau fell on a trunk and scuffed up his eye. Looking rather rough, it wouldn't have been our first black eye in a family holiday photo.
But it was a no-go, getting all of us together for a wintery photo, and I ended up just going with the late Sept. photo we already had.

I did, however, manage to get a few shots of each of the kids, quick, in the freezing cold. Which is also no small feat. :)








And actually, now that I started playing around with them, I think I should have used this one! We even got the dog in there. :)
Anyhow, here's remembering annual family photos over the past few years...
Fun to see how the kids have grown, amazing to see how fast they do it.
2009
2008
2007
2006 (Beau about to make his debut!)
2005

No comments:

Post a Comment