April 1, 2011

I went to the woods

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.   -Henry David Thoreau

 Maple buds..
Shiny new life.   Leaves on their way..
Tracks:   Rabbit on the run.                        Bunny hop. 
 Squirrel,  Crow hop.                           Big Foot,  My foot.
 Grouse strut.
 My eyes saw traces of argyle in this aspen.
A stick dwelling built by the kids.   A possible dwelling for something smaller.
 Our little stream is still frozen most places, open in some. 
I love watching the water bubble along under the ice.  
My favorite find in the woods this week:  

3 comments:

  1. i always loved that little poem. pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pictures, can't choose a favorite. It's another great time for exploring & discovery, hmm?!

    ReplyDelete