April 23, 2012

Artisan Bread. Simple goodness.

We've been baking on rainy days, or those between-season days that don't call for a fire, but the house needs a boost of warmth before the afternoon sun warms things up.
I finally bought the ingredients (all 3 of them) to tackle the book I've had for a couple of years,
Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.

This photo is of my very first attempt, and I had the timing of the slashing all wrong.  Not very pretty.  But presentation aside, this bread is so good!  I've been making three loaves at a time, and am lucky to get a bite before they're gone. 
The Master Recipe is shared here
Ridiculously easy.

2 comments:

  1. Excited to try! Thanks, You. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing this for a few years now and it is yummy. This and your Mom's Irish Soda Bread are my go to recipes for bread when I have to bring it for a pot luck or when we have soup. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete