1. Beau turned SIX years old this week. We had some extra days off school, including his birthday. It was filled with kids & cupcakes & balloons. It was also really cold compared to most years, with a windchill advisory. I'll have a birthday post coming soon on this growing little guy who shines such a light in our life.
2. He also got to be Star of the Week at school, for which I got to bring in treats, photos, favorite toys & books for Beau to share with his class.
Being a special guest to 18 kindergarteners is a sure way to brighten any day.
3. I finally read my first book of the year. I love to read, and early in January I made a quick list of all the novels that I read in 2012 (about 30 of them, in my recollection.) I decided to keep a documented list this year, and wouldn't you know - since the last book I read, start to finish, on New Year's Eve.. I haven't laid eyes on a single page. So, finally, I cured that, knocking a book off my growing to-read stack this week.
4. A good novel often leaves me thinking in my head in the dialect of it's characters. It's a secret yearning of mine to speak in a true Irish brogue or Scottish burr. I sometimes practice it.
(My secret is now out.)
5. Basketball season is winding down. For months, I've only been able to keep up with the hectic schedule a few days at a time. It's hard to believe suddenly, that I can rattle off the remainder of games on schedule. And it's a relief that there are none left that are a hundred miles away on a school night.
(Below: Mason at left, Eric at right.)
Best weekend wishes, blokes & lasses! ☺
You can see the first Five Facts of our month here.