1. I broke out the orbital sander and sanded the finish off our kitchen island counter top yesterday afternoon. Then I moved on to the kitchen table. Then the Range hood. I guess I couldn't stop, because I did the patio door, too. (Project looks good. I'll take pictures.)
Today I spent most of the day cleaning up a layer of sanding dust from everything in the house.
2. Stain & tongue oil are smelly, and it is absolutely wonderful that it's warm enough outside today to open the windows! Minnesota is feeling celebratory. We've been waiting for days like this.
3. There is a steady trickling sound outside as we make progress on snow melting.
One of these photos I'm posting was published in Lake Country
Journal magazine a couple of years ago. They're some of my favorite simple shots. Spring thaw is a slow thing in
our parts. After the long winter each drop of water is a like small
4. Yesterday was my Grandma's birthday. I talked to her on the phone this morning, it was nice.
I have a written piece on my grandma that I've been working on off & on for some time. I don't know why, but I have hesitated to share it. I think I will.
5. Saturday update: I got busy & forgot to post this yesterday when I started it.
We've had much more melting. Today we heard birds singing! We've gained patches of bare ground. The kids got pink from the sun. And we saw a bunch of wood ducks have landed. They're our coolest looking ducks, I think. Tomorrow I'll be out with my camera.
Random 5 Friday
Weekend ReflectionsMacro Monday