April 24, 2013

Violet

"Surely as cometh the Winter, I know
There are Spring violets under the snow."  -Robert H. Newell


(Springtime violets growing wild in our woods.) 

Two things today. 
1) The woodland wildflowers are going to be a little late coming up this year.  But, surely they are there under the snow.  This is a good reminder.
2) One of my great fortunes in life, is that down the road across the highway from where I grew up, lived Violet.  One of an elite few individuals, whom I call the greatest I've ever known.  

shared with
Tina's Wordless Wednesday

15 comments:

  1. My heart is broken....she was an incredible friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully haunting and gentle.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to tina´s picstory! nice to have you on board :) your flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violets are so sweet -- I don't mind seeing them in my yard. :) Lovely image Amanda. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pretty violets, too. You make me realize I've never actually known someone with that name. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both violets are special. You got a wonderful picture of the woodland violet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. Violets are special flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo! And that quote is great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes they're there. I saw a few in my woods yesterday and today 65 in the forcast. Yea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your texture! I used to play around with textures a lot (was sort of addicted to them), but I haven't shown any on my blog lately. I need to get back to using them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beuatiful Violet, you have both something to look forward to, hopefully they'll be popping up soon ... and a dear memory to hold on to, remembering Violet from your childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. During our bracelet beading on Spring Fever Day, Lilly mentioned that your friend, Violet, died recently. I saw the obituary in the paper today. You seem to make the most amazing friends across generations. May your memories comfort you. :)

    ReplyDelete