1. We left home early this morning, traveled to Minneapolis, hopped on a flight to Washington DC, connected to Syracuse, and I'm typing from upstate New York tonight. From the banks of the Susquehanna river.
2. This is my first visit to NY, and I am absolutely in awe. It is green and beautiful.
3. I'm posting from a tablet. It is challenging for me to use, and even more so to post from. No pictures or linking today.
4. A short notice, spur-of-the-moment trip, we had just over 24 hours notice to get all our ducks in a row and make arrangements to get to New York. Tomorrow we'll explore some of the Finger Lakes Region, as we begin our drive back home.
5. This was supposed to have posted Friday night, but did not! ☺
After our flight and arriving to our destination & completing the purpose of our trip late Friday night, we crammed in miles of hiking and climbing through three New York State Parks Saturday, and made it to Buffalo late, late at night.
Sunday morning we started our trip back home, taking in Niagara Falls, and making our way through all of the Great Lakes, arriving home before dark Monday night. (We were in a hurry to get back for the kids' baseball games, which - go figure - are canceled due to rain.)
I deeply regret not being able to spend more time making the most of the travel. But it was a fun & beautiful few days.
I'm about to start loading photos. Hopefully a few of them turned out!