May 21, 2013

Five facts : From New York

1.  We left home early this morning, traveled to Minneapolis, hopped on a flight to Washington DC, connected to Syracuse, and I'm typing from upstate New York tonight.  From the banks of the Susquehanna river.

2.  This is my first visit to NY, and I am absolutely in awe.  It is green and beautiful.

3.  I'm posting from a tablet.  It is challenging for me to use, and even more so to post from.  No pictures or linking today.

4.  A short notice, spur-of-the-moment trip, we had just over 24 hours notice to get all our ducks in a row and make arrangements to get to New York.   Tomorrow we'll explore some of the Finger Lakes Region, as we begin our drive back home. 

5.  This was supposed to have posted Friday night, but did not!  ☺ 
After our flight and arriving to our destination & completing the purpose of our trip late Friday night,  we crammed in miles of hiking and climbing through three New York State Parks Saturday, and made it to Buffalo late, late at night. 
Sunday morning we started our trip back home, taking in Niagara Falls, and making our way through all of the Great Lakes, arriving home before dark Monday night.    (We were in a hurry to get back for the kids' baseball games, which - go figure - are canceled due to rain.)  
I deeply regret not being able to spend more time making the most of the travel.    But it was a fun & beautiful few days. 
I'm about to start loading photos.  Hopefully a few of them turned out!

6 comments:

  1. glad you made it back safely, even if the hurry wasn't necessary after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun whirlwind of a trip! Can't wait to see photos. Glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my MacBook Air when I travel because it's murderous to try to blog from something without a proper keyboard, IMHO. But you did a great job, other than the fact that we never saw it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These spontaneous trips are always so magical and filled with such an amazing amount of energy!
    Happy Hugs-
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in upstate NY--I get homesick whenever I see photos of it. You really have to go back for a longer trip! Did you make to Watkin's Glen? (My favorite place in the Finger Lakes area.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound, and I look forward to seeing your pictures. My daughter and her husband live in Buffalo, so I know you traveled through some beautiful countryside. Hopefully you'll have a chance to go back when you will have more time.

    ReplyDelete