May 3, 2013

You May Say I'm a Dreamer

Nurture Photography Challenge: Ivory/Dream

I love color.  Each in it's own way. 
But my favorite of all may be the absence of color.
Whites, off whites, ivory, dove gray - they are my favorite canvas to decorate and dream upon.

We're dreaming of Spring - as tiny bits of life emerge, and ice & snow melt to water.
On cold days like today, I can't help but dream of someplace warm, with ivory sand between my toes.
When I sit at the piano I dream that I can really tickle those ivories.
A basket full of yarn, especially ivory wool, makes me dream of making all kinds of things.
I've been dreaming of the woodland wildflowers that are usually emerging at this time each year. Bloodroot is usually the first to arrive.  It's running late.  As I often do.  Maybe that's part of being a dreamer. :)

This first photo is also my favorite from the past week, sharing with Weekly Top Shot.





16 comments:

  1. Oh my... So many wonderful photos. I love them all.

    Happy Friday to you!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful muted colors, Amanda. They are ALL sublime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that water droplet is so fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images. I love the depth to the pussy willow shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so beautiful!! I especially love the piano keys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome macro shots!

    http://mochafox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first shot is amazing. Lovely use of negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A treat for our eyes Amanda .... Beautiful soft macro-captures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful images and processed perfectly too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each one is magnificent! So soft and dreamy. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous collection of photos! The second one really appeals to me today, maybe because the weather is cooling down (a little - yesterday still hit a high of 29C/84F) here and your yarn looks so soft and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, just gorgeous! I am so amazed at the images you are able to capture and how you use light. You are so talented and I just love your work :) I think my favorite is the photo of the yarn. It's so dreamy and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very gorgeous, every single bit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. I especially like the mushroom. No mushrooms here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely ivory finds! And photographed so beautifully! Love that first shot! The composition and texture are perfect! Thanks for sharing and joining our Nurture Photography Challenge! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete