June 22, 2013

Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping : Make it!

I'm not sure if I should apologize in advance (for this terribly easy & irresistible chocolate recipe)
..or say, "Your Welcome!"
The other day my mom passed on a recipe from her friend Val - for making your own Magic Shell Topping for ice cream.   
Yesterday I tried it.  
For Pete's Sake!!


Have you ever bought that stuff that comes in a plastic bottle and you have to shake it, and there's hardly any in it?   I try not to buy that stuff.  But years ago, we did.
Did you know you can make it with TWO things in your cupboard at home, in about TWO minutes, and it's even better?

A bag of chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)                         
1/4 cup coconut oil (as talked about lightly in this recipe.)       
Melt them together in the microwave, stirring until smooth.         
Shake your head at the simplicity and enjoy the magic over ice cream. 
                 
I didn't have a whole bag of chocolate chips, so I used about a quarter of a bag of chips and a dallop of coconut oil in a small bowl.   It worked fine.  Better than fine.  
I did it twice, without measuring, and both times it turned out perfectly.

Try it on some ice cream for a summer treat!
I'm going to go with "Your Welcome."

2 comments:

  1. My son has just read the post over my shoulder - he os now looking through the pantry!

    I have also seen the patterns left by climbing plants - but I've never got a decent image of them. Next time.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! We tried it last night, it was a hit! They thought it was a million times better than the store bought stuff:)

    ReplyDelete