2. I've learned the joy of revisiting old places, as well, and that there is no place like home.
3. I've learned that sometimes laughter is the best medicine.
4. Other times,
I've learned there is nothing like Nature to sooth a soul.
5. Both of them together are a big boost for the immune system!
6. I enjoy learning about my grandparents & where I came from.
7. I've learned that everyone looks nicer when they greet you with a smile.
9. I've learned how to knit a few things.
10. I've learned that friends & family come in all forms.
11. I've learned that I am strong!
12. I've learned that children grow very fast. Enjoy them.
13. I've learned to identify each of the wildflowers that grow in our woods.
14. I've learned to play a few tunes on the piano and guitar.
15. I've learned the value of sleep.
16. I've learned that there are early birds and night owls. I'm a hopeless night owl by nature.
17. I've learned nine million and ten things about raising our five uniquely extraordinary kids.
18. I've learned about being a carpenter's wife.
(One who is almost as stubborn as me.)
19. I've learned that I'm an extroverted introvert. Or an introverted extrovert. Or something like that.
I chat with strangers everywhere I go. Yet I am a person who strongly prefers privacy & solitude over a social scene.
20. I've learned that sometimes when it rains it pours.
(Like my birthday last year.. and certain streaks of bad luck.)
21. But it's true that without rain, we wouldn't have rainbows.
22. I've learned that life is far more enjoyable without television.
23. I've learned that growing your own food is rewarding.
24. I've learned that peoples' ideas of being "educated" are sometimes not all that intelligent.
Learning is something we all can do, anywhere, anytime. I like to do it everywhere, all the time.
25. I've learned it's good to go out on a limb now & then. Especially daily, moderate sized limbs.
26. I've learned how to clean almost anything. Just ask.
27. I've learned there are times to color inside the lines...
And definitely times for coloring outside the lines.
28. I've learned the importance of working together, and the value of a helping hand.
29. I'm learning tricks to help me be on time. (Really, I am.)
30. I've learned that originality is pretty much my favorite thing.
31. I've learned that being nice is easier for some people than it is for others. It's not your fault.
32. I've learned it's OK to say no. (This took me quite a while to master.) To put my foot down. To be in charge of me & my time!
33. I've learned it's good to look back at things.. but important to look back at the right things.
34. I've learned who I am. My unbudging values. My strengths and weaknesses. My tastes & preferences. My style. Who I am and where I'm meant to be.
I had a pretty fantastic birthday, and as Michelangelo was quoted to have said at age 87:
"I am still learning."