June 3, 2013

Oregon Coast. Cannon Beach to Newport.

Beautiful, rain or shine.  These were taken back in April of 2010.   (Moving them over from my private photography blog.)
My trusty little Rebel was put through many miles of sand, saltwater, and abusive elements along the rugged Oregon Coast.  This was an exhilarating trip over a long weekend. 
It went something like this:
Ecola State Park, Cannon Beach, Arcadia Beach, Hug Point State Park, Cape Meares State Park & Lighthouse, Munson Creek Falls,  Bob Straub State Park, Pacific City, Proposal Rock, Gleneden Beach State Park, Boiler Bay, Depoe Bay, Devil's Punchbowl State Park, Yaquina Head, Newport, and back across country to Portland to fly home.   I loved it there!  (And have dozens of more photos!)

14 comments:

  1. These are great pictures. They make me think about Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and calming scenes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place for walking and watching the wild life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty photos! I really enjoyed these :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing that coast line since it is so different from the Atlantic Coast or Gulf coast. Beautiful.. I'd love to see that area sometime. I also love lighthouses ---and if I weren't collecting waterfalls, I'd probably be traveling all over collecting photos of lighthouses...

    Thanks for sharing your photos.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is in my bucket list. i've gone to sightsee in oregon coast, but did not go north enough to see cannon beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photso. Thanks for sharing shots from one of my favorite places. I was just at Cannon Beach last Friday. It's an hours drive from my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Oregon coast! Love all your shots. I just wonder if those two starfish were the same ones i saw 20 years ago . . . my how time flies but that coastline is still clearly embedded in my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I can almost taste the salt air and hear those waves beating on the beach. I am wishing I was there!
    Have a wonderful week. I am linking up to you through Our World Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful pictures and I love the sunset view!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely beautiful photos of some spectacular scenes. Thanks for sharing them, and I hope you will share some more from this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its so beautiful!! One of my absolute top goals this year is too go to the beach. I kind of act like its a do or die thing because I want to GO SO BAD. And I want to go for a whole entire day not that my mom will want to go there all day long but I seriously just can't wait... These are absolutely beautiful and make me long for beachiness (is that even a word?) even more!

    ReplyDelete