1. There is only one stoplight in the county I grew up in.
2. I had promised Eric a haircut yesterday. I prefer to give haircuts on our back deck when the seasons allow. It's much easier to clean up out there, opposed to indoors.
We were busy all day and I forgot about it until he reminded me again after dark. So I cut his hair by patio light and in the thick of mosquitoes.
None of our four boys have ever been to a barber. I'm the only one who has cut Mitch's hair since we've been married, too. I've gotten pretty efficient over the years at my one specialty haircut.
If you have five males in your family, I strongly suggest buying some clippers & learning a simple haircut. It has saved us a LOT in barber fees.
(We like our Wahl Color Pro Haircutting Kit. It's been our longest lasting clipper at a really great price, and I really love the color coded guards.)
3. The kids found a large mama crawfish walking down the driveway with a bunch of eggs on her back this week. Headed from one pond to the other.
We sometimes find turtles moving from one to the other, too.
Though it's been cool and things are behind schedule, the first turtle on our property was also spotted this week.
(A first week of summer vacation tradition.)
I don't think I ever shared these little guys, whom we found out early last year.
4. We had an end of year Sports Awards Banquet to attend earlier this week. We were very proud of Mason & Eric's freshman achievements, as are their coaches. (More on that soon.)
Other than that, we've enjoyed a fairly quiet few days. It's actually felt like vacation has kicked in, after a very busy & eventful several weeks.
(Note that I say vacation, and not summer vacation.. It's been chilly! We had to make a fire in the living room Thursday evening, and I've had to wear socks - which generally goes against my grain in June.
5. Last night we hopped in the new One Ton and picked up a trailer load of mighty white pine logs. Mitch and the boys are sawing lumber out of them today (lumber for a project on our house, which is exciting.)
I'm off to mow. I love mowing.
Have a great weekend!
Sharing with Nancy's Random 5 Friday