1. Roses are the birth flower for the month of June. Each year the wild roses bloom here in northern Minnesota right around my birthday.
A lifetime ago, on my 16th birthday, Mitch picked me a white rose off this very bush (a domestic one.)
A small gesture, not forgotten.
2. Mitch's birthday was last weekend. We made him a cake with peanut butter glaze & layers of chocolate frosting. In the summer heat, the gooey layers shifted when I was moving the cake before this photo.
A nice thing about cake is that shape and presentation usually don't affect taste.
3. We attended a birthday celebration for our littlest niece who turned two this week.
The birthday girl liked Beau's freckles.
4. Johnathan has his tree stand set up at the edge of the yard and has been shooting his bow regularly.
He wanted me to take a photo of this nice grouping of arrows.
5. It's been hot and the kids were in the water a LOT this week.
I shared some photos of their fun yesterday.
I hope you take a little time to smell the roses this weekend!
Random 5 FridayFloral Love