We only had a couple of hours notice before we became chicken keepers again this month.
As I pointed out when introducing Lucy, Scarlett, Chiquita, & Bandita,
the coop was looking a little shabby & neglected:
funny how you don't really notice something becoming rundown when you
see it every day, but seeing it in a photo, it becomes very noticeable!
Over the weekend Mitch & Johnathan went to work at
removing the rocks out of the landscaping & tearing out the
We had some hostas that needed dividing, and decided to re-home them here.
What a difference getting rid of some weeds can make!
(Lilly also washed the dusty window.)
thing led to another and we cleaned out the garden shed (the main part
of the little building - the coop is just the wing with the window.)
doing so, we switched out our plain old weather vane for this wonky one
that my mom made us years ago. It had been in the shed, somewhat
forgotten, and seems right at home now, giving our shed & coop
some added character. (It's made of an old bike wheel, rusty funnels,
and copper tubing.)
Next step - some scrubbing & wood staining is desperately needed.
The chickenistas seem happy in their new home, regardless!
Rurality Blog Hop