July 17, 2013

Lollypop Kids

After a hot & muggy day of swimming in the pond and riding their bikes in an afternoon rain shower, these guys enjoyed a little treat.
Treats are a classic opportunity to catch kids holding still for a photo.  Pond hair & all.




(Eventually, all of their mouths turned completely blue.) 
The big guys were working with Dad today.  Football season is around the corner, and I'll get lots of action shots of them, but I don't have a classic trick for catching them holding still in a photo anymore!

I happen to have been born in the same town as Judy Garland.. I can't help but sing the Lollypop Guild song as I look at these photos.

Sharing with Little Things Thursday

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh....the joy of being a kid with a huge lollypop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kids have the same eyes! I wonder why!

    More pictures from central Australia available very soon!

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first photo - it looks like summer! Your kids look pretty content with their treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stole my thunder Amanda -- I was thinking Lollipop Guild too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The treats work very well -- these are wonderful pictures. You've captured the joy of carefree summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such beautiful children. Thank you for being willing to share them with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute and I agree. A distraction that makes a great prop helps so much! I love anything timeless like these lollipops in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your photo ploy! so cute! yup, too bad it doesn't work on the older ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are gorgeous, Amanda...and I love that you paused to capture such a simple joy! My absolute favorite kind of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these photos! There's something so nostalgic about lollipops. I used to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda,
    What darlings-you have such a way with the lens - you capture the essence of youth, goodness, wonder and innocence.
    Happy Friday-
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete