1. Excavators were here this week and our yard is disasterized. (All part of the progress, I keep telling myself.)
They accidentally cut our off-peak electric line, leaving us without hot water the following day. They also backed over my Prairiefire Crabapple (which we've had the longest of our domestic trees) with a giant excavator. I had photographed it's blossoms just recently. Bummer!
2. This guy has been trying to stay cool by laying in the asparagus box. I
suppose to give him some credit, the timber framed box is about the
size of a dog bed. We remedied that with some chicken wire over the
top of it.
3. We watched fireworks from on the lake the night of the 4th. Other than that, we stayed home for the day, working on the gardens and keeping up with strawberry picking.
Crowds & swarms of people, especially mixed with asphalt & heat, are NOT my thing.
This is my happy place.
4. This seems to be the year of the Tree Frog. Leopard frogs and wood
frogs have been few. But the kids have caught dozens and dozens of tree
frogs. They are my favorite!!
5. My front-loading washing machine quit yesterday, mid-load, wouldn't drain or spin.
I don't think I can successfully convey the type of laundry conditions we have here. Mitch gets DIRTY at work. (He tends to get dirty at home, too.) Mason & Eric are now working with him, as well. The three of them have come home multiple times this past week caked in mud from shoulder to foot. On non-muddy days, it's sawdust from the sawmill, and ordinary dirt. Then there are the sweaty-stinky clothes from Mason & Eric's football training and basketball. And of course, three more kids and myself and usual household laundry for a family of seven.
I literally let out a "Woop! Woop!" when we found and solved the problem this morning and got the washer to run again.
High fives were shared.
I Heart Macro
Random 5 Friday