August 9, 2013
Random : Adding On, Muskrats, & More
Another busy week. Here are the first of about eight dozen randoms that come to mind for Random 5 Friday:
1. The concrete was poured for our addition today. Hooray! Building site work in our area has been delayed all summer by the winter that would not end. The good news is that while we've been waiting for concrete, we repaired most of the yard that was left devastated by the excavators. I've been nursing along thousands of square feet of new baby grass seedlings.
Now the real fun (and work) begins!
Beau, totally in awe watching the cement truck outside our bedroom window (which will soon be moved.)
2. Johnathan caught this little muskrat today. I decided young muskrats are kind of cute (except for their tails.) But we know from past experience that they are very destructive! I only managed a photo with my generic little phone before he or she was re-homed to the undeveloped lake & wetland at the end of our road. It should be muskrat paradise there.
3. One of our teenage boys (Mason) stated tonight that, "Buffets are a good deal." (He had eaten at a buffet with friends this evening after some cliff jumping.) I asked what the cost of the buffet was, and he said $11. ($10 plus a dollar for a drink.) I thought that was pricey for a 15 year old kid eating out compared to when I was his age, and I asked him if he thought he ate $11 worth of food. He looked at me and said, "More like fifty. Half of it was apple pie."
I guess when you're an active & growing teenage boy, a buffet is indeed a good deal.
4. I might have bought more than one old metal file cabinet this week. When I already have one waiting to be used. I might have a bit of an old metal file cabinet problem. Hopefully I'll be very organized once our project is complete.
5. The kids have been having backyard campfires each evening and catching lots of baby toads.
We ♥ toads, always & forever.
Sharing with Weekly Top Shot