1. As this posts, it's officially our anniversary. We were married outdoors on a late summer afternoon sixteen years ago. I rarely think about our wedding day. I think weddings are somewhat overdone & overrated. But the years since are quite a lot to look back on.
I took this photo of our wedding bands on our anniversary a few years ago.
You can see more photos & some personal thoughts behind the rings here.
2. I'm loving the hummingbirds zipping around our yard and eating from the feeder outside my kitchen sink window.
3. I dropped firstborn #1 off for his first two hours of behind the wheel
driver's training this week.
Mason & Eric are more experienced at
operating many types of motorized vehicles & machinery than a
lot of grown men, but they have mainly rural / highway driving
experience so far. "Town" is in the opposite direction of school & sports, and they almost never go there with me. So I was feeling a little nervous about traffic, stoplights, roundabouts
& 8-lane four-way stops.
But I was even more anxious at the thought of my quiet kid having to spend two hours in a small car with someone they don't know. How awkward to imagine! Mason & Eric are not much
for small talk.
Afterward, the instructor told me she was very
impressed with Mason's driving control. But that he only said about twenty words throughout the whole two hours.
Eric does his first two hours in town tomorrow.
4. At exactly six-and-a-half years of age, Beau lost his "first" tooth this week. He was OVER THE MOON with giddiness.
Last November he had to have an emergency tooth extraction at the dentist -
which was all-around not a cool experience.. So technically he lost a tooth already (it's going to take a while for that one to
grow back in.) But this was his first wiggly tooth, and he got it out
himself while laying in bed at night. It more or less fell out, and - to his great surprise & delight - was painless &
wonderful. He was so happy.
His was the 4th tooth lost in our household over the past couple of weeks.
5. I'm all caught up to date on our home addition project.. From sharing plans. To tearing up our yard. And onto framing walls. We're being pulled in more directions than we know what to do with this weekend, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some building progress. It may have been in the 90's here this week, but Jack Frost is just around our corner!
Sharing with Random 5 Friday Weekly Top Shot Weekend in B&W