Plans were drawn. [Part 1 : It all Began with a Sketch]
Site & concrete work done. [Part 2 : Breaking Ground]
Mitch & I made an evening trip to Duluth for a full trailer load of material late last week.
And a productive weekend followed. We started building UP!
All the lumber above was made on our property with Mitch's sawmill. He loves sawing lumber from logs. Those are our bedroom windows removed. We are currently sleeping with house wrap covering the window over our heads. ☺ The windows will be re-used in the new addition.
The windowless view from Lilly's room / soon to be office.
Day 1: First floor framing complete.
Day 2: Floor trusses installed. 2nd floor decking installed. 2nd story framing begun.
Naturally, the kids are climbing everywhere. They love to hang out "upstairs" now that there's a floor.
Our new bedroom dormer window!
We didn't want to go through the hassle of moving a basement window (as we did when we built our south addition).. so we notched out that corner of the garage, which makes for a shelter over the back door, and a still-functional egress window for the teenager in that room.
The Before & After so far..
This is the last area of yard to be recovered & reseeded.. so happy to see some green!
And so happy the weekend is on it's way.. hopefully we'll get closer to closing off the holes in our bedroom walls. ☺