It's the first Friday of Fall.. and the last of September.
Five randoms from our week:
1. Mason & Eric had a football game tonight, and a big win. I'm so proud of them.
They played with skill & sportsmanship second to none (and put to the test.. especially the sportsmanship.)
It was a very strange night for mid-football season.. 75° after 10 pm.
We normally have hard frost/freeze at night this time of year.
2. I had tiramisu for the first time when I met a friend at a local coffee shop this week.
3. Lilly went riding with my sister after school this evening. Lilly loves horses.
She's staying overnight there, so I haven't talked to her yet, but they sent some pictures.
Kristy & her husband have four horses, and Winny, their old rescued mare, is Lilly's favorite.
4. Our 5th grader, Johnathan, brought home a saxophone this week. I observed that saxophones are very loud! We took advantage of the lovely weather by attempting to play a "b" note outside.
When Mitch got home from work & heard all the "SQUEAK-honk"ing coming from the backyard, he mentioned that it sounded like a very distressed elk. It was quite a sound.
Regardless, if Johnathan wants to play saxophone, we'll support him. You've got to start somewhere!
5. Mitch's work day was cut short unexpectedly today (literally, the power line to his job site was cut), so he called & wondered if I wanted to meet him in town for lunch. A special treat.
Since I was in town, I got a much needed haircut. Double treat.
September has flown by and been completely busy & exhausting.
We're ready for the weekend & some much needed R&R! Alhough, the two don't necessarily come hand in hand! (Weekends have been full & exhausting, too.. leaving me catching up on Mondays.) 'Tis the season. ☺
Running behind these days, but still sharing with Nancy's Random 5 Friday!