In honor of the changing seasons this weekend, I shared My favorite things about Fall here in northern MN. I seem to have exhausted all of my photos there. Check it out. ☺
Time for my weekly five facts.
1. My mom's birthday was this week. She was off exploring the Great Smokey Mountains & beyond, and is making her way back home now.
2. Three out of four of our pullets are laying now. Lilly was delighted after school today when Chiquita hopped out of her nesting box & left an egg behind. Another beautifully sized & shaped egg, a bit whiter than those laid by the two buffs.
That just leaves Bandita.. who has developed no comb or wattles.. not a speck of red on her head. The ladies were out in the yard eating worms in the drizzle today, and Bandita looked more like a crow than chicken. She's beautiful, though. Whatever will be will be.
3. I've spent many hours doing portrait photography over the past couple of weeks.
My computer is bogged down and my new camera is well broken in with thousands of shutter clicks already. I don't wish to do business as a portrait photographer. It's not my passion. But I enjoy the age & personality of high school seniors and don't mind helping them out with their photos. I also did some baby & maternity photos for friends. Lots of happiness in the air with new babies arriving & on the way! If only editing at the computer were as much fun. I have major attention problems when it comes to sitting in that desk chair editing.
4. A six year old girl we know, who loves country music, recently told her mom I look like Carry Underwood. I'm vaguely familiar with who this is, and was flattered by her sweetness.
One time when I was lifting the tongue of our boat trailer to try to push it out of the way so I could mow underneath, Beau (about 5 at the time) said, "Woah! Mom! You're just like Ms. TRENCHBULL!!" (She lifts a car in the movie, Matilda.. and is quite a site!)
So in the honest eyes of 5-6 year olds, I might be a cross between Carry Underwood & Ms. Trenchbull.. I'll take it I guess.
5. I have updating to do on The Home Project! I've been sampling stain colors, choosing light & outlet locations, and sweeping up sawdust to beat the band.
First, another football game under the Friday night lights. And hoping to squeeze in a little fun this weekend, involving a stretch of rummage sales. All work & no play makes Jack a dull guy, they say.
I can't post a Random Five without a photo. Here's a random from my archives.
Live toad art by Beau, 2 years old.
Happy Friday, and Happy Fall!
Sharing with Nancy's Random 5 Friday