We've had a short, slightly thrown-off schedule this week, and are now enjoying a much welcome four day break (a Minnesota student holiday.)
Here's whats happening, as we enjoy our apples from Mr. Jacobson:
1. I bought a chair this week. I may have a chair problem, I think I've come clean with that before. This one is the chair of all chairs, though. A comfy, sturdy, leather beauty. But it has caused me to go into a 24 hour living room rearrange & purge. Funny how one chair can turn your whole house upside down.
I don't have a picture handy, but I'm due to share my thrift treasures & will do so soon.
2. Yesterday Beau styled my hair & it put me to sleep. I took a nap! Naps are wonderful things on long weekends. Little boys who still play with their mom's hair are wonderful, too.
3. I got a snail mail card this week from a friend. What a nice surprise! I love snail mail.
4. I'm sad to say that one of our buff chickens, just entering the prime of her laying years & so pretty, was taken by a predator. She disappeared on Oct. 10th, and Johnathan found her feathers a few days later. I was pretty bummed about this. The chickenistas love to free range. They're waiting at the door of their outdoor pen to be let out every morning. But with the loss of Scarlet, I'm having to keep them locked up all day. Just too many hungry predators on the hunt this time of year.
5. We headed south over the weekend to meet our brand new nephew.
He's a little guy, hanging around 5 pounds during his first week. I hadn't held a baby so small since Mason & Eric were new. They were both 4 pounds 5 ounces when we brought them home.. they'll turn 16 in less than a month! Here they are holding their tiny cousin.
Sharing with Random 5 Friday