Days are busy & I'm short on sleep. I feel like I'm jumping Friday to Friday awfully fast.
All the more glad to catch up with a quick Random Five.
1. October 1st brought a dazzling display of northern lights. (Technically it was late enough it was probably Oct. 2nd.) Anyway, as per my usual lately - I was still up, and I was glad for a change.
I LOVE the northern lights. These weren't the most colorful display I've seen, but they were the most wide spread all over the sky. Shining from not just the north, but the full east & west skies, too, and swirling straight up overhead.
I scrambled to put on shoes & a warm hat & vest, and grabbed my camera & a flashlight so I could see without turning on any outside lights. I have never been prepared to catch quality tripod photos of the northern lights. On the one hand, I hope I do someday. On the other, I'd rather be taking it all in.. I've got no patience for digging out gear & setting things up when I'm missing out on such a special show! They usually stop as sudden as they start, so I don't want to miss a moment.
These poor hand held snaps are an injustice. It was fantastic.
2. Breaking news: My younger brother became a Dad a couple of hours ago! Congrats to he & his wife. And to my parents on their 10th grandchild. This wee one is the 25th great-grandchild on my dad's side of the family.. and the first to be born with the family name (my maiden name.)
We look forward to meeting the new addition.
3. In other news: Mason & Eric have been announced on the radio & made the paper before,
but this week they made their television debut. A local news station aired a great clip of them making a brother-to-brother completion play on the football field. Pretty cool. (We don't have television in our home, but we were directed to see it on youtube.)
4. Our littlest guy, Beau, still loves to snuggle. He told me this week that my heart sounds like a washing machine. I just might be part washing machine by now.
I'm reminded each year when the kids go back to school, that Fall is ridiculous in the laundry department. Grass stains, football gear, more grass stains. And of course no one is going barefoot anymore, so I'm back to sorting a zillion socks.
This photo was from our school picture day, you can just see their enthusiasm.
5. Lilly caught this wood frog after school today. Of couse we all had to hold it.
I think this is the biggest, plumpest wood frog I've ever seen. A
little slow moving in the cooler weather. Our frog friendly days are
Sharing with Random Five Friday!