October 25, 2013

Octoberish Five Facts


1.  A kind friend delivered pumpkins to our front porch this week.  We didn't successfully grow any pumpkins of our own this year, so this made some young kids here pretty happy. 
October just isn't complete without pumpkins.

2.  Our football season came to a close Tuesday night. 
I enjoy watching Mason & Eric play, but it's a huge sigh of relief that they have finished their sophomore season without injury.   They both gave performances to be proud of.
We have a couple of weeks off before basketball begins. 

3.  It's been snowing a little here & there over this past week.  No major accumulations, but frosty weather has arrived to stay.  Our pond was completely iced over for the first time of the season on Thursday.

4.  My pumpkin sharing friend invited me to join her for a pedicure today.  I had never had one, and had mostly assumed pedicures were a little frivolous, figuring I do alright painting my own toes.
Oh, my!!  There is so much more!   For a solid hour and a half, I was treated to luxury while my feet were worked over & made new.  My pedicure experience has little to do with the color of polish, and everything to do with the miraculous makeover of my normally rough, tough feet.
For the health of my heels, I may have to make this a semi-annual treat.  

5.  I did some thrift store shopping for components to the kids' Halloween costumes this afternoon.  
Lilly's is complete - a new record, as I'm usually at the sewing machine burning the midnight oil the night of October 30th.   You can certainly bet there will be a big reveal!  
(It's nearly morning though.. sleep must come first.)

Happy Weekend!

Sharing with Random 5 Friday   Little Things Thursday

17 comments:

  1. Good news for Number 2. Our boys had more dings playing hoops than football. Still I come to wonder about the latter with all the news about concussions . And I'm definitely going to pass on Number 4 to Mrs. T. She has trouble with calluses in that area....

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I love your pumpkin photo. Second, I've always wanted a pedicure but never wanted to pay the price. It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the pedicure, Amanda! Makes me think I should get one soon. It's been a long time since I've had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that Halloween is a favorite holiday for many of us. I am so glad you have discovered the joys of a pedicure! Isn't it fun? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - its not October without pumpkins. We grew four nice ones in our garden this year. I'll share photos in an upcoming post. Our kids are grown, so we don't carve them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot of great looking pumpkins! I was in the garden today cutting the last roses…no frost here yet! Bliss!
    And pedicure….the greatest luxury ! Worth every single cent and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall isn't complete without pumpkins for me either. Glad your friend shared. Can't wait to see the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sighing over that pedicure but can't expose my gruesome old feet! It's been fabulous here in CO this week, but more snow is in the immediate forecast. Lots of ice on our streams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got to spend time with friends. And the pedicure is a nice bonus. I actually can't believe football season is over for you. It feels like it is still going on here. I can actually here the high school from my house. Have a great weekend and good luck with the costumes. pam

    ReplyDelete

  10. Amanda,
    I think pumpkins are very fun! I plan on having a few hills next year. They are $5.00/ pumpkin around here.

    Glad to hear your boys had a healthy and good football season. Hope basketball is just as good.

    I have never had a pedicure or manicure. I don't like the thought of a pedi, but love having my feet rubbed. Maybe I could handle it. Foot rubs are few, few and far between at our house. I would love to have a good back massage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pedicure day sounds really nice ... I've tried it once, and I remember it tickled a lot! I look so much forward of seeing Lilly's Halloween costume! The pumpkins on the door sounds like a lovely surprise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pumpkin photo! So nice of your friend to share their bounty. I shared some of ours with our neighbor after she offered to lock up the chicken coop for us when we were home late one night :) I can't believe you're getting snow! Well, you do live in that type of climate so I guess it's to be expected!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have one more football game to go and I hope we don't have any injuries! Glad your guys didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We picked up some pumpkins last week as well, but we had to buy them since we don't have any pumpkin-growing friends. I'm glad the boys' football season was a big success, and I'm sure they'll do as well in basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pumpkins are wonderful .... I'm thinking of attempting to grow some next year.
    Hurray for no injuries during football season!!! The kids' football season here doesn't end until Thanksgiving Day ... the BIG games!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy end week end, big pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  17. ... I can't stand to have anyone touch my feet, so a pedicure would likely freak me out -- but I'm glad you enjoyed yours!

    Love the pumpkins. I need to grow some next year. :)

    ReplyDelete