October 25, 2013
Octoberish Five Facts
1. A kind friend delivered pumpkins to our front porch this week. We didn't successfully grow any pumpkins of our own this year, so this made some young kids here pretty happy.
October just isn't complete without pumpkins.
2. Our football season came to a close Tuesday night.
I enjoy watching Mason & Eric play, but it's a huge sigh of relief that they have finished their sophomore season without injury. They both gave performances to be proud of.
We have a couple of weeks off before basketball begins.
3. It's been snowing a little here & there over this past week. No major accumulations, but frosty weather has arrived to stay. Our pond was completely iced over for the first time of the season on Thursday.
4. My pumpkin sharing friend invited me to join her for a pedicure today. I had never had one, and had mostly assumed pedicures were a little frivolous, figuring I do alright painting my own toes.
Oh, my!! There is so much more! For a solid hour and a half, I was treated to luxury while my feet were worked over & made new. My pedicure experience has little to do with the color of polish, and everything to do with the miraculous makeover of my normally rough, tough feet.
For the health of my heels, I may have to make this a semi-annual treat.
5. I did some thrift store shopping for components to the kids' Halloween costumes this afternoon.
Lilly's is complete - a new record, as I'm usually at the sewing machine burning the midnight oil the night of October 30th. You can certainly bet there will be a big reveal!
(It's nearly morning though.. sleep must come first.)
Sharing with Random 5 Friday Little Things Thursday