October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins : Two ingredients. Two dollars. Too easy!

With cooler weather, we've been using the oven a whole lot more.
Last week I made an apple dessert twice with apples my sister gave us from her tree.
Mitch has been perfecting his cookie recipe & I've thrown brownies together for team football dinners in a rush. 
Which is where Fall finds us most of the time.  In a rush.
So I have to share these pumpkin muffins I made last night.
This has got to be the easiest, most efficient treat I've made yet.

I have to warn, this isn't fancy or organic or anything like that.
This is from a real mom trying to feed seven people every night when there aren't enough hours in the day. Last night three of them were coming in from hunting after dark, three of them needed haircuts after dinner & a few loads of football gear still needed to be washed by morning.     
These easy muffins passed as a dessert treat, as well as an on-the-go snack in the morning.
Just two ingredients:
1 yellow cake mix (you could use spice cake if you prefer)
1 can of 100% pure pumpkin
On sale at our grocery store, these cost about $1 each.
Preheat your oven to 350°
Mix these two ingredients.   I did add a couple tablespoons of milk, though not necessary.
Spoon into prepped muffin tins.  I greased them with coconut oil.  You might use paper liners. 
*Optional: I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top.  If nutmeg is your thing - go for it.
Bake approx. 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

This made 18 muffins.  For larger muffins, you could load fewer, fuller.
While certainly not fancy, these aren't so bad for you either.
The pumpkin is pure, fat free, & and an excellent source of vitamin A. 
(Two of these muffins contains about 100% daily value of vitamin A.)

They get 14 thumbs up as a Fall treat from our busy household!  

16 comments:

  1. now, that's my kinda recipe - and my kinda ingredient list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, that has to be the easiest recipe I've ever seen! And perfect for this time of year with the pumpkin. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds easy enough....I use my pumpkins for bread or grill them ...And I don`t think that we can buy cans of pure pumpkin over here.Sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, this is my kind of cooking. Throw together this and that, add a bit of the other or something else as your fancy takes you and you can feed the whole tribe like winking. We mostly have 7+ for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple is better. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Simple is my middle name. I must try these.....yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound wonderful! And quick and easy. Just my kind of baking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound wonderful. We don't get the cake mixes over here, but what a nice, easy way to make muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect thing for your autumn. I don' think I'ver ever used a cake mix and canned pumpkin isn't common here but for you - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you present your photos, trés chic and during tourist season I can sometimes find cake mixes at a certain grocery store, I've copied this recipe. as growing up an only child your family shares I enjoy and they fascinate me, organizing and doing with such a big household is a big wow
    :-0!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds delightful. I think I would have loved it if my mom made these when I was little. Totally stress free muffins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That does sound pretty simple. My kinda recipe.. I am definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would give these muffins two additional thumbs up. We're going to have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make those, tho I do add a couple hand-fulls of chocolate chips. They are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the simplicity! There are so many times that I just want a mix, an egg and a spoon! Just know the pumpkin makes them perfect for this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete