October 12, 2013
Random Five - Fall is hanging on (and so am I)
Fall has been holding on longer than usual here in our parts.
The past few days have been warm, warm, warm.
Again, another week has flown by as we scurry to get things done in good weather & savor the season some, too.
Random Five this week:
1. With the gorgeous weather & the grass still growing, I mowed one more time yesterday.
I revel in mowing on mild, sunny days. Mowing is my therapy, my time to let the busy thoughts in my mind be hummed away.
This was the 15th year / mowing season for our old John Deere. Still runs like a champ, though the mower deck could use a little welding.
2. The younger kids and I finally took the time to dig up potatoes & pull carrots this week.
A few of our potatoes:
3. Last night the kids had a backyard fire. The fire pit had accumulated a pretty large pile of wood scraps from our addition project.
I look forward to sitting down in the backyard a bit more soon.
4. Mason & Eric were in the news again this week, they made the front page of the sports section of our Sunday paper.
5. We put on 335 miles this evening to Lake of the Woods, MN for another high school football game. Lake of the Woods is way up in the tiny chimney of the MN baker's hat. It was raining, but a beautiful drive with the trees so colorful. Part of the distance included a 60 mile extension along the Rainy River (which separates Minnesota & Canada.)
Our boys won, it was kind of a non-competitive, anticlimactic blow-out. (I'm glad they won, but there isn't much fun in beating someone like that.)
It's late. We're home. And tired.
Sharing with Random 5 Friday