Five facts from where we're at this Friday:
1. November could be the busiest month of our year. We jump from Halloween, to Johnathan's birthday, Mason & Eric's birthday, and Thanksgiving all week after week. It's also the prime hunting season, and the start of basketball season. And, though I'm not one to rush it or want to think about it yet - the kick off of the holiday season. Deep breath. Here we go!
2. This photo was taken around 6:30 Monday morning, after being up all night waiting for this little guy's arrival. If you haven't read about it, you can right here - it was an amazing experience.
I'm not often in photos, but his brand new grandma told me to hold him & took my camera to snap a picture. It's not often that I have someone do that. Not much a fan of being in front of the camera, but it means a good deal to me.
3. All bets are that our Halloween candy will last 3 days and that the banana Laffy Taffy will be the last to go. I personally don't think banana flavored candy should exist. I'm mainly a chocolate lover, but have been mostly snitching the candy corn.
What's your favorite candy?
4. Mitch worked away last week for a few days & nights, not getting home until midnight on Saturday. This week he's working a long ways away, but getting home for dinner each night. Having him home at a decent hour for dinner has always been a rare treat.
Due to the demands of work this time of year, our addition project has been on the back burner, still making progress, but it's a spare time project, a couple of hours here & there. Everything is closed up, so there is no rush. We have heat & electricity all installed & working now, so the interior finish will come as we have time in the darker, colder hours when things settle down.
5. I'm thankful for friends. I'm lucky to know some very thoughtful people, and to have continually made new friendships for which I'm grateful. And I sure enjoy my blog friendships.. I've gotten to "know" some wonderful people through this connection. Thank you for the thoughtfulness you add to my days, for taking a few minutes to keep up with us, for sharing bits of yourselves from around the world. My friends Down Under are currently enjoying millions of Jacaranda blooms. I hope to see them some day. :)
Sharing with Random 5 Friday