It's the last day of February, and our weather reports continue to use the words "bitter cold."
The forecast for tomorrow, March 1st, is a high of -7, a low of -24, and dangerous wind chills to -35.
*Sat. morning update - our "feels like" temp this morning was -43.
Come on, March, where's the love?
Five randoms for the week:
1. This was the last flower I saw outdoors.. standing alone, dried & tall, in Lilly's little flower bed back on December 2nd. It's long since been buried in snow.
2. Mitch headed out of town for work this week to build a shed on the property of This Lake Cabin he built a couple of years ago. He never made it to the site - not even by snowmobile. Snow up to 9 ft. deep prevented access from the lake.
(He remained in the area working on another project accessed by normal roads.)
3. It never fails that when he's away, we have chimney issues here at home.
Things got a little smokey yesterday.
4. Last night we were on the road again for the final basketball game of Mason & Eric's sophomore season.
The last two home games of the season were canceled last week due to winter weather. Parents night & the team seniors never got to be acknowledged playing their final game on the home court.. bummer!
Baseball season is up next.. but it will be a while before we can see the fields underneath all this deep snow.
5. This guy, newly turned seven, lost another tooth over his birthday weekend!!
Sharing with Nancy's Random 5 Friday
and wishing you a warm weekend!