February 21, 2014
Random 5 : While it Snows Outside
1. I'll never tire of finding Lego creations around the house.
We had an impressive rocket stationed in our kitchen for most of January. February has been all about castles & such.
2. There's rarely been a day when I haven't been painting in the past couple of weeks.
Flooring is down in our new room. Moving right along! Time for an update soon.
3. It snowed today. The boys' basketball game was canceled this evening. Apparently we're amidst a winter storm warning. I'm curious to see what we'll wake to in the morning.
4. Speaking of snow, we got a car last week. Not normally something I'd share, but after being a large truck & SUV family for several years, filling up the gas tank of a car is reason for a little "woop! woop!"
The time has come with the older boys now driving & the varied direction of our days, that we rarely need the seven passenger seating any longer. I'm thrilled to have a more fuel efficient vehicle as my road runner. However - there's something to be said for 4 wheel drive in heavy snow. It's been a long time since I've been without it!
5. I've read 7 novels in the first 7 weeks of 2014.
My loose goal is to read 50 novels this year, aiming for about one a week. I feel like I've had little time to read, but I'm on pace so far.
This week I read Life of Pi. A very perplexing story.
Any must read novels I should add to my list?
Want to say thanks for all of the kind words for Beau's Birthday!
He really got a kick out of learning that he had greetings from all around the world. Fun!
Joining Random 5 Friday