February 14, 2014
Random Five | Full Moon, Full Hearts
1. Twice last week I was surprised with random acts of kindness in the form of brown paper packages. One contained a pair of beautiful mittens made of old wool sweaters, hand embellished like works of art. These were from someone I greatly respect & think is super cool, and happens to be our kids' 5th grade teacher as well.
2. The other, a mid-winter act of kindness from my friend Alaina, contained The Book of Doing..
Loaded with awesomeness & accompanied by a sweet card. I am deeply appreciative of both - they brightened my day & inspired a trip to the Post Office with some brown paper packages, myself.
3. The Full Moon is rising on Valentine's Day. Known as the Snow Moon, since February often brings the most snow (it's growing deeper in our neck of the woods.) It rises around sunset and sets around sunrise, the only night in the month when the moon is in the sky all night long.
4. The kids have the day off school today so they celebrated with their classmates yesterday.
Johnathan & I made this Valentine box for his 5th grade celebration. He lost his red heart nose.
5. Beau gave me this note (which now hangs on our refrigerator) not for Valentine's Day, but on some other random day a few weeks ago.
Whether you participate in celebrating Valentine's Day by means of mass-production, not at all, or somewhere in between - I hope your heart is full of love!
Sharing with Random 5 Friday