February 22, 2014

Warm Vanilla Milk


I recently came across a simple recipe for a yummy warm beverage that I first made for Johnathan when he had a sore throat.
Warm vanilla milk.  We tried it.  We tweaked it.  We loved it. 
We just couldn't quite name it..
Hot Cocoa Vanilla

Vanilla au Lait.

Sweet, warm Winter Milk is what comes to my mind.

So simple and good.
It reminds me of the warm tapioca pudding my mom cooked on the stove when we were kids (without the lumps of tapioca.) 
It's agreed that we all think it's better than hot cocoa.

The kids had another school cancellation today.. more snow, icy roads, wind & drifts. 
Anything to make winter a little warmer & sweeter is welcome.   

Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds dee-lish . . .
    Perfect for these snow filled days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderfully good, and made with lots of love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make warmed milk with vanilla but I've never thought to put in pinch of salt, probably brings out the vanilla flavour more, love the photo and the old time white mug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the look of it. And mentioning your mom warm tapioca pudding..... my mom made it for me as a child. I love that too and still do! Though mine can be occasionally lumpy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to have to try this! It sounds so good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delightful! Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just maybe I would drink milk if prepared that way. Otherwise, I need chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious. We're going to give it a try, even if our winter is nearly as bad as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do sip on plain warm milk sometime. I think it helps me sleep. Or maybe its all in my head. But this looks so yummy. And those marshmallows on top make it extra special. I'm going to have to give this a try..

    Stay warm my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. So yummy! Your photos are beautiful and make me want to reach through the screen and grab that mug! Haha. A few years ago I bought this machine called "Cocoa-Latte" where you put all the ingredients in and turn it on, and it froths and warms your drinks through. It's awesome! In the recipe booklet, there was something called a "vanilla milk steamer" which is basically your recipe here. It's so yummy! I used to make it all the time for David to take on his way to work in the winter. That was before we both were bit by the coffee bug haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks and sounds delicious, might have to remember that one for our children in a few months when the weather turns cool (and the house is poorly heated).

    ReplyDelete