May 5, 2014

Fifth of May (Cinco de Mayo)

Truth is - I've never known what Cinco de Mayo represents as a "holiday." 
So here are five May things.  ☺

Uno:  My car has a sunroof.   Most days lately it's more of a rain roof. 

Dos:  The sun has worked it's magic, despite being disguised by cold & clouds.
It's brought Beau's freckles back better than ever.

Tres:   My mom left this May Day basket hanging on our door.  Filled with sweets & goodies. 
(My sister left baskets for each of us, too - I just didn't get a picture.)  

Cuatro:  Family wiffle ball season is back in action.  
The kids can't get enough of it at any hour.  Bases are ready in the backyard. 

Cinco:   Today I found tadpole eggs in the small cattail pond.   New life in the natural world!   Blooms are sure to be turning up somewhere soon.
 Happy Fifth of May!

14 comments:

  1. oh my those tadpoles eggs are stunning as are Beau's freckles..lovely way to welcome in May..as usual a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is also my anniversary, so I hardly ever think of Mexico when I think of the date. I love your beautiful pictures. Happy Cinco de Mayo back to you, Amanda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Amanda! Cute idea with the Spanish numbers.

    We got a good rain last night and they are calling for more this week.

    Neat macro of Beau's freckles and blue eyes. Your last picture is good. Love the b&w and light reflections.

    I would love to give May Day baskets. Between calving and busy spring I haven't made the time to do them, someday. How fun you got 2 baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet kid photos and that darling May basket! Isn't it wonderful that winter is OVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds as if you and your family have gotten May off to a great start. I really like Beau's freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, sunroofs are useless most of the year here in Oregon. Your first photo is a familiar sight. Ahhh...May Day baskets. Used to give them all the time growing up as a kid in SD. Out here no one does them....must be a midwest thing. A great group of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your Cinco de Mayo list! To be honest, I've never 'gotten' the holiday either. I know it's huge in the Southwest because they're so close to Mexico and its culture but where I live ... not so much. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. Those "freckles" are adorable. Oh tad pole eggs means, frogs and they are so fun to listen too. Looks like everyone is gearing up for spring now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Freckled Boy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those freckles . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutting to the chase I love whiffle balls. Probably because it was the only ball I could ever throw a curve with.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter has the perfect end of the nose freckle just like your son! Funny!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tadpoles! Surely your spring has arrived. How sweet of your family to honor May.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous shots - love the rain on the sunroof and those adorable freckles!

    ReplyDelete