June 30, 2014

Hot Fudge Spoon Cake (simple slow cooker recipe)

I promised to share the recipe for the Hot Fudge Spoon Cake Mitch made for my birthday. 
(The one that prompted me to call him a Confectionery Beast.)
I don't know where he got the recipe, so I'm copying his handwritten directions.
Light, warm, gooey, and delicious - this is now my favorite kind of cake! 
Bonus:  It's low fat and easy, too.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c. hot water

Combine flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 3 T. cocoa, baking powder and salt.  
Whisk in milk, butter, and vanilla.
Put in slow cooker.

Mix together remaining brown sugar and cocoa.  Sprinkle over batter.

Pour in hot water.  Do not stir.  Cover and cook on high 2 hours.

Scoop & serve with ice cream or frozen yogurt.

There you have it. 
Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. That will put some ZING in my step . . .
    Saved this recipe for sure . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds wonderful, Amanda. when I allow myself to have such treats, this will be the one! Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know that something this delicious can be low fat and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There, We are home from a trip to the gorgeous West VA mountains --where we celebrated our anniversary... I'll be blogging about this time for awhile --since it was so special.

    That cake sounds GREAT.... I'm sure you really enjoyed it... YUM....

    Hope you are doing okay after the death of your doggie... Good thoughts for you.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh.....you had me at "hot fudge!" I need to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had a slow cooker I'd be trying this, super photo! I like the changes you'd done on your blog, the header is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great photo and if I had a slow cooker I'd certainly be trying it. I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks and sounds delicious I am going to have to try this but I wish it was here now and I just needed a spoon:) Popping over from Robyn's blog. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there - sorry about the delay in replying to your comments - I'm in the middle of a good, but very busy few weeks! Just the kind of weeks where you need to come home to a hot fudge cake in fact!

    About a year ago, a two year savings project ended and I bought a 400mm lens, which is what I use for most of my bird shots - I also crop a bit, but not too much as I try to keep the quality of the image as high as possible. Apart from that, I stand still for a very long time, and I'm surprised how close you can get to the birds with slow movements, green clothes and a willingness to ignore mosquitoes - of which I find the last one the hardest!

    Cheers - Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious and so easy! I like easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I `ve made it! We call it " Amandas " and we will probably all gain a couple of kilos before the summer ends¨

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Grands are coming next weekend. This may be on the agenda!

    ReplyDelete