1. It's berry picking time in our homegrown strawberry patch.
far about four full ice cream pails have made it to our kitchen.
Many berries are eaten before they make it that far, consumed plant to mouth. It's a wonderful thing, knowing our strawberries are safe, sweet, healthy
goodness. 100% chemical fertilizer and pesticide free. Washing is
We have run into one dilemma this year, though. Since
not having a dog for a month now, we're being overrun by baby
chipmunks! They're everywhere and adorable. I was loving them until
the moment Mitch pointed out what they're doing to our strawberries. A
bit of a predicament.
For now the chipmunks are enjoying their share,
and the kids theirs'.. but still I've already preserved a good amount
in the freezer.
2. One of our hens (she does lay eggs) gives it her all attempting to crow like a rooster every now & then. It's awkward and amusing.
3. We went to meet my sister's newly adopted cats, Vinny & Mia, Thursday evening. They're playful happy kitties & the kids adored them. So many giggles.
We also said hello to her horses, who were eager to receive belly scratches.
4. Mason had an x-ray yesterday - looking good & the pin is scheduled to come out of his finger July 11th. Woo hoo!
5. I had to replant most of my potatoes, since we had monsoons & standing water just after I planted the first time, and most of them rotted. But the rest of our planting & germination has seen a high success rate this year. Now all we need is good July growing weather.
6. We've been working on final steps of our home project as time allows.
Mitch hung our new master bath door this past week. Built from boards he sawed from an oak log, I absolutely love it.
7. Their are many reasons to be glad for a bathroom door, but the best thing yet was the other morning, having Beau knock on it & say
in a loud whisper, "Mom! Look on your bed!"
He had picked me a posy
of wildflowers. I'm so lucky to have wildflowers and Beau.
The weeks are marching by and we're wrapping up our first full month of summer vacation already. Glad there are still two months more.
Peace, Love, and Crowing Hens,
Sharing with The Good, The Random, The Fun