July 16, 2014

Pink Peonies

I am feeling grateful for the kind wishes & healing thoughts that have come my way after my medical "patching up" last week.  I've felt better each day and greatly improved overall, almost back to normal (getting there.)  Mostly, I'm amazed at the remarkable difference physically and wish I'd had this taken care of years ago!  

I'm eager to get out paddling on summer waters here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. 
And in northern Ontario, too.. we'll be slipping off the grid some random time soon.

Lilly's pink peonies bloomed a couple of weeks ago.  They're so beautiful, yet I always find them difficult to photograph in a way that pleases me.  Before the blooms were spent (we had strong winds that didn't let them linger long), I got one shot I liked and indulged in some photo editing .



Peace, Wonder, and Peonies,

11 comments:

  1. really like the 2nd one. :) glad you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are having a smooth recovery. I love these photos, especially the processing on the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, so pink! Lovely, Amanda. Glad you're feeling better already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you are feeling stronger . . .
    Love Lily's pink Peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're healing. Love the flower shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilly's peonies looked beautiful! My peonies bloomed for the first time this year, and I had the hardest time getting a great shot of them. I wish the blooms would last longer.

    So glad to hear that your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are recovering quickly, Amanda.

    Paddle boating sounds fun. I'm sure you are busy thinking about your trip north. Make sure you can charge your camera battery!

    I love the bright color of Lily's peonies. I understand the too windy to take pictures thing. It can be the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are well along on your road to recovery. I like the photo you took of Lilly's peonies as well as your edits. All these images are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvellous close up of a beautiful flower. I love peonies but whenever they are blossoming we have either strong winds or a brutal thunderstorm.
    Have a lot of fun going north , relax and bring back many, many pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous shots! and so glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers and even better to read your surgery went well and the recovery as well. I had a similar experience with a partial anesthesia once where the doctor told my wife that I'd "be awake but not aware" and she replied " he's like that most of the time anyway"....:)

    ReplyDelete