October 3, 2014

Flowing.

Life is like a cyclone sometimes.  I'm flowing with it. 

The school stomach bug struck, I had a very sick boy this week.  I took another to the doctor yesterday and learned he needs an operation. (hernia. weight lifting. teenage athletes. sigh.)  We're on a many day stretch of lots of running and miles, when mostly I want to be home.  Work is piling up with the loss of my computer.  My old hard drive is being sent away from one facility to another city for intense, expensive recovery efforts.  All good mojo is welcome & appreciated.
If you have precious files on your computer, learn from my anguish.  Please back them up. 
But enough about that.  I'm flowing. 
We've enjoyed the Indian Summer that stayed around most of September.  Life is good.

Speaking of natural disasters, Mitch and the younger kids created a volcano eruption in our kitchen a couple of weeks ago. 


"Sundays go way too fast." -Johnathan, 11 years old.  A September-October kind of quote.


We've had some quality Fall excursions lately.  I'll be able to connect my camera to a new system and share soon.  Images above are from my phone. 
That's Johnathan in swimming trunks last Saturday.  This Saturday forecasts a high in the 30's with snow in the next 24 hours. 
Fall is fully here.

"Peace.  It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.  It means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart."  
Peace, Love, and Cyclones,

11 comments:

  1. Sending you good vibes for sure! I love your pictures, and that kitchen picture made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading and hearing fromeyou. Even when there are cyclonic like moments rumbling through your days . . . You make it all seem real and okay . . .
    (I do wish for non flu children, fixed computer, hernia repair and much more beautiful fall/autumn weather.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're going with the flow. can't help it anyway. :) good luck with sick and injured kids, though! and computers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your kids! Hope they both recover quickly. Yeah, fall is such a glorious season and it passes by way too fast (I'm sure especially where you live)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One step at a time, My Friend. Take one day at a time.

    Hope your boys get to feeling better and the snow misses you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best of luck with the direction of your flow! I can't believe how quickly it turned to fall...hopefully it won't skip right to winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I remember those 'busy' crazy days--when my 3 sons were young... Somedays I would meet myself coming and going... BUT-now that I'm an old lady, I am here to say to you: Enjoy those times with your kids. They will grow up so fast and you'll miss these busy times when they are gone and on their own!!!!!

    Good Luck with the sick ones, and with the one who needs surgery... Life can get crazy!!!! You'll do FINE...

    Blessings.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ups and downs of life as it is..... your attitude is good better days are coming....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love days of sunny respite from the impending cold! A nasty repiratory virus is going around CO. Three of my Grands have had it. I deleted 7,000 photos from my computer over the weekend and afterward did a backup. I save way too many photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your computer, Amanda ... I hope the repair is not going to cost a fortune - and that somehow the pictures on the hard disc might be saved?! The stomach bugs are making one so weak ... I hope not everyone caught it - And all the best to the hernia surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those computer pains are terrible, in a house break in I lost several years of digital photos plus old negatives I'd transferred on my laptops, then two crashes later more of the computer life gone I now religiously use our external discs but wish I'd known how important backing things up was before should have paid attention to my hubby who used to say "have you saved today"! Hope your pics can be saved...

    ReplyDelete