April 5, 2015

Spring Finds

Mitch and I found ourselves crossing the bridge to northern Wisconsin Monday. 
We enjoyed a visit to Big Manitou Falls (Wisconsin's highest at 165 ft) and Little Manitou Falls in Pattison State Park.  It was quiet there, we saw just 3 or 4 other people from a distance. 
Ice on the river was breaking up and we found water rushing nicely. 
Finding time to explore together is one of my favorite things.
 

I found this stump in the shape of the letter "C." 
It had me thinking of all I have to Celebrate this week.  It's been good. 


I also found this small nest on the ground, reminding me that Spring is time for building new.
Birds do it year after year.  We can, too, if we choose to.


To our surprise, we found a chicken on our front porch this week.
This is Matilda, the first chicken to perch on our porch or park herself on our doorstep.  (And she doesn't budge for visitors who wish to enter.)  


This afternoon I found an onion in the garden, left from last year.
It's amazing to me that it wasn't withered from the deep freeze of winter.
Just a little peel of its outer layer and it was all bright, shiny & beautiful.


Tomorrow morning our kids will find Easter Eggs hiding all about.
However you celebrate Easter, I hope it finds you well!

Sharing with Friday Finds

14 comments:

  1. Perfectly wonderful to have chances to see into your world . . .
    The Best Ever . . .
    Happy Springtime Easter Days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely falls. cute hen. :) i really like the 'c' stump. blessings to you and all of yours, dear amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all your spring treasures. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as if we'll have to add Pattison State Park to our 'visit list' if we find ourselves in your part of the country. The onion was a nice surprise. I hope you and your family have a very happy and blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful surprises in this post Amanda. I'm glad spring is coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda and Happy Easter to you and the family. Looks like there are lots of signs of Spring up there now.... Amazing how quickly we can go from Winter to Spring sometimes.

    Bet the waterfalls are gorgeous this time of year when they are really flowing strongly. I love to stand and just LISTEN to all of that water...

    Have a wonderful day.. I know that the kids will!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that all of your children found many.many chocolate eggs ! Enjoy the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exploring is one of my favorite activities with my husband. The onion was probably well preserved under all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect day to me. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, dear Amanda. I hope your Easter was filled with love and light. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds this week. The story of Matilda made me laugh. The C shaped trucnk is an awesome find, so unusual.

    ReplyDelete